Sent: Wednesday, August 27, 2008 12:13 PM
Subject: RE: [NSP] Re: the cry of the curlew, the wind in the reeds...

Ah, I left in 1968 and have not been back much since.
Coach House and Jim Peden's were main venues. Only played guitar (and just started fiddle when I left) in those days, so sessions were not much of an option - I didn't want to be yet another annoying thrasher, even if I could get my head round the rhythms of slip jigs and dorrington lads ;-), which I confess in those less enlightened days I thought was called Byker Hill ... So it goes
chirs.