To: "Robert Greef" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Cc: <nsp@cs.dartmouth.edu>
Sent: Tuesday, October 07, 2008 10:01 AM
Subject: [NSP] Re: More code?

I'll spell it out

   A pint of Guinness (or similar stout) is the image, symbolising or
   alluding to .....

Ireland, and by extension, in the context, Irish music. Chris's post
was an amusing (to me and presumably others) comment on the perceived
dilution of the Northumbrian piping tradition. It contained references
which would be picked up by many on this list, whether or not they
agreed with the underlying opinions, but you can't please, or amuse,
everybody.
Cheers
Matt