From: Gibbons, John <j.gibb...@imperial.ac.uk>
To: 'colin' <cwh...@santa-fe.freeserve.co.uk>; nsp@cs.dartmouth.edu <nsp@cs.dartmouth.edu>
Sent: Tue, 10 Mar 2009 16:41
Subject: [NSP] Re: First 30 tunes

  An abc pipers' tunebook should ideally -

    * Not be a copy of a printed source. It might affect its sales. Let
      alone copyright questions.
    * So should be mostly traditional unpublished material.
    * It could contain new tunes too, if submitted by the composer -
      copyright again.
* It should be communally authored - wait for a single author and it
      will take a long time, and will mirror his taste; be it excellent
or otherwise, someone will disagree! It is a view of the tradition
      that we are after, not just Joe Bloggs' bit of it.
    * Abc's could be submitted to the nsp mailing list, and someone
      web-literate could put it online.
    * So we need a willing able volunteer.
    * Here the plan falls to the ground.....

  John