I agree with Anthony. I think Colin has to be one of the most deserving people in decades. Surely this is a great opportunity to appoint a president in recognition of a huge contribution to our instrument.
Helen

----- Original Message ----- From: "Anthony Robb" <anth...@robbpipes.com>
To: "Dartmouth NPS" <nsp@cs.dartmouth.edu>
Sent: Wednesday, May 20, 2009 11:55 PM
Subject: [NSP] Colin Ross

  Dear All
  What a shame Colin Ross has stood down from the chairmanship of the
  society in these circumstances. Colin & I do not always see eye to eye
  about some things, but the fact remains that his devotion to, and
  knowledge of piping, and pipes-making remain unsurpassed. After over 40
  years of absolute commitment to our cause I would have thought he'd
  have been an obvious contender for the Presidency of the Society. Is
  this me being totally naive? I feel an opportunity to recognise the
  contribution of one of the giants of the Northumbrian piping world has
  been missed.
  As aye
  Anthony