Thanks for this, Francis - it's interesting.

I think there's internal evidence to date the programme fairly
specifically.  The commentator says that the new bagpipe museum at The
Chantry opened "last year".  If The Chantry museum celebrated its 21st
anniversary last year (2008) then the programme must have been made
twenty years before that, which suggests 1988.

Just for interest, one of the artifacts rescued by Anne Moore and her
helpers from the floods last year was a photo of Jack Armstrong taken
while he was in Hollywood, presumably on the trip during which he made
the recording with Burl Ives.

Richard

sharekey=09ff1cf99500a89441446e35a78dc463e04e75f6e8ebb871

Get paid to recycle old mobile phones - www.tiscali.co.uk/recycle