With apologies to distant readers and others who have already seen this item, , I'm forwarding this request for a piper to play at a small informal funeral ceremony in London. This is being posted on behalf of Richard Freeston who initially contacted me. I am unable to help on that day.

Richard writes:

Dear All,

I hope you don't mind me writing out of the blue to you all, but I
am trying to locate a Northumbrian piper for a small informal funeral
ceremony next Tuesday 20th October at 11am in Lewisham, London. It will be for my 42 year old long-term
partner, who died tragically and unexpectedly recently, who hails
from
Northumberland.

I do realise you are all
based outside London, but would be
very grateful to know if any of you did have any contacts in London
who might be prepared to perform perhaps even just one piece, at the
end of the short ceremony.

Many thanks in advance for your time,

Yours sincerely

Richard Freeston
07950 936625

Anyone who is free to help that day should contact Richard directly either on that mobile number or at:

flee...@yahoo.co.uk

Richard is offering a fee.

Francis Wood