Ian,

   If you don't want to send the key back to the maker, I suggest that you
   look for a local maker/repairer of baroque woodwinds - specifically
   baroque. Various baroque winds use the same kind of keys as the NSP and
   someone who works with them may well have experience of fixing exactly
   this problem.

   One place to start might be the Seattle Baroque Orchestra, which would
   be able to put you in touch with a player of the relevant instrument
   who would know of a good repairer.

   http://www.seattlebaroque.org/about-us.htm

   BTW, some (mainstream) woodwind repairers can fix keys by means of
   microwelding. That might also be a possibility.

   Cheers,

   Paul Gretton