Hi Tim,

Thanks for pointing this out . . .I'd forgotten it was there.

Fenwick's Instruction book for the Northumbrian Small-Pipes was published by the Northumbrian Small-Pipes Society in 1896.

Apart from scales in G and D, Fenwick includes only six tunes, Coquetside, Holey Ha'penny, Jackey Layton, Barrington Hornpipe, Felton Lonnin' and the Bonnie Pit Laddie. Should I be following his example in choosing tunes for my next beginner's class, do you think?

Thanks too to Colin and Julia for further information.

Francis