On 6 Dec 2009, richard.hea...@tiscali.co.uk wrote:

> Thanks for your response to my question in the Newsletter

Whilst we're on military matters, the 2nd battalion of the Royal Regiment of
Fusiliers, which has two sets of nsp, but (I think) no players at present, is
marching through Ashington & Morpeth on Tues (7 Dec).

This is a battalion of the regular army and has just come back from ...well
somewhere out there, anyway......
(probably means the pipes'll be coming in to have the sand cleaned out soon
<joke>)
I think this is the one Richard Johnstone was in some years back.

I believe Susan C. and friends play with the 6th battalion (TA) of the same
regiment.

Here ends my entire knowledge of military piping!

Julia