   From: Anthony Robb [mailto:anth...@robbpipes.com]
   Sent: Tuesday, February 09, 2010 11:38 AM
   To: bri...@aol.com; nsp@cs.dartmouth.edu; BIRCH Christopher (DGT)
   Subject: Fidola?

   Hello  Christopher,
   A fidola is rather different to a tuned down fiddle or small viola in
   that it has a hole for the sound-post to pass through and be pinned
   directly to the trebleside foot of the bridge. This gives a bigger
   plate/deeper tone. They need to be treated with care as the arrangement
   is not robust. To call it a viola might lead to problems with the Trade
   Descriptions Act!
   Cheers
   Anthony
   --- On Mon, 8/2/10, christopher.bi...@ec.europa.eu