When the bags are going through the scanning cameras I always say,  "These are
bagpipes, they probably look peculiar,".   Frequently the reaction is, "oh,
we've never seen bagpipes," Then, turning to the rest of the security crew,
"Come and take a good look at them".   Occasionally it involves you in long,
and interested discussions with the security staff, about different kinds of
pipes.   But in Edinburgh airport, it was a "Och, them's no bagpipes!   We know
what bagpipes look like!" - in the broadest of Scottish.   And, needless to
say, they had never, never, heared of NSP, were very friendly and polite, but
could not believe that anything other than the GHB exist.

We find that the very stiff, cardboard, post office mailing tubes also do the
job as well as the drain-pipes, for both chanters and drones.

Sheila