Bill Telfer wrote:
   Aye I've heard Ian Maclaughlan play it years ago at Auchtermuchty
   Festival
   (on the platform in the town market place) - a very nice a TMSA
   festival
   where people take over the square for dancing) and he announced it as
   The
   Dark Island. As often happens somebody has even given the tune words
   but as
   far as I remember they're probably better forgotten!
   Hello Bill
   This must have been post 1963. The old name only lasted five years
   (1958-1963).
   The power of television!!!
   It seems to have been a popular target for dodgy words over the years.
   Anthony