I have recently completed a set of Northumbrian smallpipes in D. The person they were being made for has been hit by the economy and can no longer purchase them. The pipes have an 8 key chanter (the basic 7 plus the key which is a whole step below the thumb hole, which is a C natural on a D chanter), are made of ziricote wood, brass metalwork, and water buffalo horn mounts, with a cherry wood bellows and a great professional quality case. The set is very sweet toned. Not being in blackwood, the set will not appeal to all, but some folks will go crazy for it. Ziricote is very dark brown with black spider web-like black lines. I will be completing some detailed photos this weekend. If interested, please inquire. Thanks.
--

John Liestman