I think you' re right Ian. On one of the photos the drones can be seen lying at the same angle that Uilleann drones would lie.

Richard

----- Original Message ----- From: "Ian Lawther" <irlawt...@comcast.net>
To: <julia....@nspipes.co.uk>
Cc: <nsp@cs.dartmouth.edu>; <discuss...@northumbrianpipers.org.uk>
Sent: Tuesday, September 07, 2010 5:16 PM
Subject: [NSP] Re: Painting on ebay

Looks like an uilleann piper to me. The set has the older style chanter stock that tied straight into the bag but due to chanter length gave a fairly sharp angle at the end of the neck. You can also see the brass drone stock cup coming out of the bag and facing downwards towards his right knee.

Ian

Julia Say wrote:
Ebay item no. 110558617159

Anyone know anything about this chap? (Or fancy having him at home?)

I have no connection with or interest in it apart from mere curiousity.

Julia