I'm hunting tunes. Nowt to do specifically with smallpipes, but at
   least one is Scots. And I know there are some mighty experienced tune
   historians among you
   And I have looked in Farne, Matt!    :-)
   Henry Mayhew in the 1850's interviewed "Old Sarah" a blind Londonstreet
   hurdy gurdy player who was taught in the very early years of the 1800's
   to play what she called the "cymbal".
    He lists tune names she gives. Some, like "The Turnpike Gate" and "At
   Patrick's Day in the Morning" are on "The sessions" listing, though I
   can't know how much or little they've changed.
   Some others I can find, or know already, but I'm drawing a blank on
   three, and will be very grateful for any pointers.
   "Where have you been all the night?" she describes as a "Scotch Tune".
   It's tempting to think she's mis-remembered the line in "Billy Boy",
   but if there's a title out there it would be good to know.
   Then there's "Moll Brook", and "Harlequin Hamlet".
   Some others she mentions are trad. tunes like "Haste[n] to the Wedding"
   and "The Gal I left behind me" so while these may be stage tunes, it's
   apparent she was playing traditional dance tunes. She also says that
   she played Polkas, but doesn't name any.
   Thanks for looking - thanks for any info.
   Best wishes,
   Richard.