Those that have met me will know that I am a very mediocre player
indeed and will probably remain one. But I've thought quite a lot about
this.

My set has 11 keys. I use the F♮s quite a lot. Although the top one is
difficult to play cleanly, I like the dark sound when you slip it into
a tune. It's nice to know the two G♯s are there, but they don't seem to
crop up that often. The one key I really wish I had is the middle B♭.

I've met two people who have bought 17 key sets, and then never learnt
to play them. I can't help thinking there's just too much confusing
metalwork to get in the way of ones fingers when one is new to the
instrument.

Dru