On Fri, 20/5/11, christopher.bi...@ec.europa.eu
   <christopher.bi...@ec.europa.eu> wrote:
   I think the most likely explanation for the pipes would be that Alice
   was playing a chanter in concert F sharp. In nominal terms this would
   put her in F, with B flat the only "unusual" note.

   Honestly Christopher, it was a concert pitch G chanter - I'd reeded it
   and set it up for her.
   Watching her perform was strange because she didn't look as though she
   was playing at all - her fingers barely moved - her thumb was whizzing
   around doing 20 to the dozen. Karen (her mother) said often when she
   watched Alice play in Folkestra it was a similar thing.
   Certainly there was a big concert at The Sage Gateshead when Alice just
   looked as though she was smiling sweetly at the audience but the notes
   were pouring out nevertheless - from the sides and back.
   When I first started teaching her the school asked me to set specific
   technical exercises for her. The first one was Troy's Wedding in the
   (nominal) keys of D, C, G and A on her F chanter she was 11 years old
   at the time. When, after a couple of weeks, I said they're starting to
   come, she said what you mean Anthony is that they'll need at least
   another 20 hours work. When I replied yes or even more, she said fine
   and asked me to always give my comments to her straight!
   She's an amazing lass!
   Anthony