On Fri, Jul 15, 2011 at 11:50 AM, Matt Seattle
   <[1]theborderpi...@googlemail.com> wrote:

   On Fri, Jul 15, 2011 at 11:20 AM, Francis Wood
   <[2]oatenp...@googlemail.com> wrote:

   I think history and evolution have been fairly kind to Isaac Cooper. A
   lively 'Miss Forbes' Farewell' is a cracking tune!

   Yes, history, evolution, and Will Atkinson. His is the 'definitive',
   most finely wrought version to my ears. Did he come up with it or learn
   it from someone else?

   As a postscript, at Rothbury today I heard Jimmy Little's winning
   medley in the Miscellaneous Instruments class, including Miss Forbes'
   Farewell. The same version as Will Atkinson played, with all the bounce
   and lilt that Anthony prizes, and at a decent lick too. Absolutely
   delightful!