Question #62529 on NSsbackup changed:
https://answers.launchpad.net/nssbackup/+question/62529

Anton is still having a problem:
Jean-Peer Lorenz wrote:
[...]
> I really don't think so. In my opinion sbackup contains many (partly
> blocker) bugs and does not create reliable backups. This was the reason
> for me to turn to NSsbackup.
[...]

OK, clear enough. Thanks for your elaborate explanations!

> What are you actually going to work on?

Well, the ideas I had stemmed from my experiences with sbackup. So, I'm
currently re-evaluating them. One thing that springs to mind, is that
you currently cannot set a maximum backup size when compressing. Since
vanilla tar has an option for multi-volume backups, this should be
fixable in nssbackup. It should be useful as well. Another feature might
be something like auto-detect the max filesize, but I'm not sure if that
is feasible.

Finally, but I think that is fixed already, is that sbackup wouldn't
recognize a truncated backup. In other words, verification of the backup
data after backup. There, perhaps, an auto-repair feature might be good,
so nssbackup would try and continue where the problems started. That
might also be good for interrupted backups, especially for remote ones.

> Would you help translating NSsbackup?

Possibly, I'm native dutch, I don't know if that's there already?

> Before implementing new features the is a lot of work to be done
related to documentation, website etc. Do you have some time/experience?

Little time, and little experience. But I'm happy to spend some time
learning how to do things properly.

--
Groetjes,

Anton
| / \ / \'| | | IBIVU/Bioinformatics - Free University  Amsterdam     |
|(   |   )| | | De Boelelaan 1083A - 1081 HV Amsterdam - Netherlands  |
| \_/ \_/ | | | Tel +31 20 59 87783 - Fax +31 20 59 87653 - Room P136 |
|             | feens...@few.vu.nl - www.few.vu.nl/~feenstra/         |
|             | "You Could Be a Shadow" (The Breeders)                |

NSsbackup team, which is an answer contact for NSsbackup.