Public bug reported:

Let me explain the senario, I'm backing up to my ftp server and the
backup keeps telling me that I don't have enough space though I know I
have. My backup server is using Ubuntu 8.10 and the ftp server is
vsftpd. All users are chrooted into their home directories. The backup
user's (the user used to login via NSsbackupd) directory is on an
external hard drive.

I have tried to debug this problem and it seems that, though curlftpfs
is predicting the wrong available space on the server (found by doing a
df on the mount directory), the wrong prediction is too high not too
small. The available space given is: 7999999992.

That makes me think that the problem comes from pythons os.statvfs and
that this is giving the incorrect available space. The problem might
arrise from the fact that the storage location for the ftp user is on an
external hard drive. So I am not sure if statvfs is giving the available
space of a) my local root partition or b) my servers root partition.
Whatever it is giving, it isn't giving the available space of the
external hard drive.

Looking at the available space on each doesn't help much either because
the amount that statvfs reports is: 17316188160. However, the local root
partition is: 16910412 and the server root is: 18176076. Now I realise
that statvfs is reporting bytes and df is reporting blocks but I'm not
sure how to do the comparison properly. If I use the -h option on df I
get: 17G and 18G respectively.

The version of NSsbackup installed is 0.2-0 RC7. It was installed from
the PPA. This is all running from Ubuntu 9.04. The log file is attached.

** Affects: nssbackup

--
Available space prediction for ftp is incorrect
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/379496