Public bug reported:

Currently my nssbackups fail when a file that is currently tarred is
modified while it is read. tar exists with message "file changed as we
read it" in that case.  This happens rather frequently as I'm working on
my system while backup runs.

The result is a corrupt backup, which - in my opinion - is far worse
than just ignoring that single file and backup all the other files
regularly.

Reading thru tar docs/forum threads it seems that tar returns with code
1 instead of 0 if that condition happens. A functionality using tar may
choose to ignore this "non-fatal" code and continue, which I would
prefer in that case.

So: Would it be possible to include an option that would make nssbackup
continue with backup when tar exists with that message/code?

My System's information:
- Ubuntu 9.04 64Bit
- NSSBackup 0.2.0 rc7, installed from PPA

Instead of attaching the complete log file, here is the error and
shutdown message from the log:

tar:
/home/oliver/Dokumente/MEWorkspaces/WGA_HEAD/WGATest_HEAD/applog/wga-2009-07-16.log:
 file changed as we read it
2009-07-16 10:43:06,416 - INFO - BackupManager.py:__unsetlockfile(565) -
Session of backup is finished (/var/lock/nssbackup.lock is removed)

** Affects: nssbackup

--
Option to ignore "file changed as we read it"
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/400145