Question #96168 on NSsbackup changed:
https://answers.launchpad.net/nssbackup/+question/96168

Anton proposed the following answer:
Oumar Aziz OUATTARA wrote:
> Question #96168 on NSsbackup changed:
> https://answers.edge.launchpad.net/nssbackup/+question/96168
>
> Oumar Aziz OUATTARA proposed the following answer:
> Hello,
>
> Sorry, I didn't have much time in the past months to work on NSsbackup.

No problem, I have the same problem for the past years ;-O

> Regarding your question, the problem comes from the fact that the SSH URL in
> NSsbackup is not using the same format as in Sbackup.
> In NSsbackup, the definition of the schemas is delegated to each plugin.
> The schema for SSH is:
> ssh://user:passw...@server/my/folder/path/

That seems very close to what I'm using in sbackup (anonimized version
shown):

ssh://un...@my.server.nl/home/uname/xd/backup_note-uname

Except for the fact that I do include my verbatim password in the url,
since that is stored in plain text in (ns)sbackup's config file. I have
in stead set up passkeys for secure login without password (which works
flawlessly with plain ssh/scp/sftp etc., and with sbackup).

Is this what nsbackup cannot handle? I don't think that is desired
behaviour, for the reason mentioned above. I propose adding an
additional schema (or modifying the existing one; I don't know how this
works in detail) to accept 'ssh://u...@server/my/folder/path/'.
(Where) Can I start fixing this?

--
Groetjes,

Anton
| / \ / \'| | | IBIVU/Bioinformatics - Free University  Amsterdam     |
|(   |   )| | | De Boelelaan 1083A - 1081 HV Amsterdam - Netherlands  |
| \_/ \_/ | | | Tel +31 20 59 87783 - Fax +31 20 59 87653 - Room P136 |
|             | feens...@few.vu.nl - www.few.vu.nl/~feenstra/         |
|             | "We're Gonna Hit You Harder" (Scoter)                 |

NSsbackup team, which is an answer contact for NSsbackup.