Martin Schaaf wrote:
> The backup destination is a ftp server. The expected full backup size is
> between 50 and 80 GB. It tries to make a full backup and don't end. I
> never come to the point where incremental backups are made. I use the
> latest version from the PPA.

Not sure if this helps, but I've had the experience writing large files
to an ftp sever (DVD image in that case), where the write performance
seemed to decrease very slowly, but exponentially (!). Could this be the
case for you?

Can you check progress of your seemingly non-ending backup by monitoring
the file size of the tgz file on the ftp server, to confirm that it is
getting progressively slower?

--
Groetjes,

Anton
| / \ / \'| | | IBIVU/Bioinformatics - Free University  Amsterdam     |
|(   |   )| | | De Boelelaan 1083A - 1081 HV Amsterdam - Netherlands  |
| \_/ \_/ | | | Tel +31 20 59 87783 - Fax +31 20 59 87653 - Room P136 |
|             | feens...@few.vu.nl - www.few.vu.nl/~feenstra/         |
|             | "Pump Up the Volume Along With the Tempo" (Jazzy Jeff)|

nssbackup crashes with: IOError: Given copy source '/tmp/nssbackup/files.snar'
does not exist.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/576460
You received this bug notification because you are a member of NSsbackup
team, which is subscribed to NSsbackup.