@be4truth:
No, the bug isn't solved and I've marked it as confirmed. Could you provide the
requested information to help solving the issue, please?

@Graham:
You're right, the bug is still present. The cause of the problem is described
in comment #2 and #3. Currently, I'm working on a more sophisticated
work-around: snapshots are only removed if they are older than a specified
number of days *and* are stand-alone (i.e. do not build the base for other
snapshots). This will prevent daily/regularly snapshot merges and preserves the
remove functionality. Snapshots are then removed in 'blocks' (e.g. if you make
a full backup every 7th day, the backups of a whole week are removed when the
latest incremental backup of that week gets older than your specified max. age)
I'll commit these changes soon.
Could you also provide the information I've requested in comment #2, please?

--
Merge of incremental snapshot metadata is much too slow (Python process runs
100% CPU)