** Description changed:

  NSsbackup 0.2
  ppa install

  I'm having issues getting gmail smtp server configured.  if i configured
  it for SMTP auth and tls as is required i get the following error:

  SMTPException: SMTP AUTH extension not supported by server.

  If i remove the smtp auth, and just leave tls enabled i get the
  following error.

  SMTPSenderRefused: (530, '5.7.0 Must issue a STARTTLS command first.
  l29sm5809858rvb.16',

  it seems there is something wrong with the sendmail implementation.
  This is on ubuntu 10.04
+
+ UPDATE: i did some more digging, and have discovered where the problem
+ is.  i was able to fix it for myself, but not enough of a python expert
+ to fix it properly.
+
+ I removed the following text from lines 149-150
+
+ and\
+  if self.__bm.config.get("report","smtptls") == 1 :
+
+ this fixed the issue. and now i can send emails via gmail.

--
Email notification doesn't work with GMAIL
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/588578