Thanks for the log. You are hitting a really weird bug here. The error
is different every time:

1) 'IOError: [Errno 5] Input/output error' in checkTarget
2) '[Errno 2] No such file or directory:
'/home/eric/.local/share/nssbackup/mountdir/ftp_bac...@192.168.1.250/calliope/test''
 in checkTarget
3) IOError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory:
'/home/eric/.local/share/nssbackup/mountdir/ftp_bac...@192.168.1.250/testfolder/2010-06-30_21.26.17.536714.calliope.ful/format'
 in commitFormatfile

Obviously, things are working basically though the connection sometimes
gets broken. The last log shows nssbackup is able to connect to the ftp
server and successfully creates a file there (the check target thing).
While comitting the first real snapshot content the connection gets
lost. (I use it with Strato HiDrive and it works without a flaw for me).

Could you walk into the mount directory and look for the snapshot folder
`testfolder/2010-06-30_21.26.17.536714.calliope.ful` there. Does it
exists? Can you browse your ftp drive while it is still mounted (i.e. is
a connection established)?

P.S.: You can manually unmount using `fusermount -u <mountpoint>`. Take
care when removing the mount directory manually. If the drive is still
mounted you could delete its content by doing so!

--
Wont backup to d-link nas, mount problem
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/599870