** Description changed:

  Binary package hint: sbackup

- After upgrade to Lucid backups cannot be started through the GUI
+ Steps to reproduce:

- TEST CASE:
- On a fully up-to-date Lucid Sbackup starts the Backup properties dialogue.
Settings are OK and saved. When I start the Backup Now option I get the popup
stating that the backup process has started. However, no backup job is started
(goes directly into Zombie state).
+ 1: Install Simple backup from Software Centre
+  [search "Backup", Simple Backup Config and Simple Backup Restore are listed
there, installing *-config installs both.]
+ 2: Select from System > Administration > Simple Backup Config
+ 3: Setup the config/use existing config
+ 4: Select "Backup Now"
+
+ A dialogue window pops up mentioning :
+
+ "A backup run is initiated in the background. The process id is: NNNN."
+
+ Expected:
+ System backup is started and backup is done
+
+ What happens:
+ - No backup occurs.
+
+ TEST CASE:On a fully up-to-date Lucid Sbackup starts the Backup
+ properties dialogue. Settings are OK and saved. When I start the Backup
+ Now option I get the popup stating that the backup process has started.
+ However, no backup job is started (goes directly into Zombie state).

  Confirmed for 32bit and 64bit Lucid versions.

- Regression potential:
- No potential for regression since the worst case is already present (not
running on Lucid).
+ Regression potential:No potential for regression since the worst case is
+ already present (not running on Lucid).

  course of action for Lucid:
  incorporate fix from stable branch
(https://code.launchpad.net/~nssbackup-team/sbackup/0.10)

- ProblemType: Bug
- DistroRelease: Ubuntu 10.04
+ ProblemType: BugDistroRelease: Ubuntu 10.04
  Package: sbackup 0.10.5ubuntu2
  ProcVersionSignature: Ubuntu 2.6.32-17.26-generic 2.6.32.10+drm33.1
  Uname: Linux 2.6.32-17-generic x86_64
  NonfreeKernelModules: fglrx wl
  Architecture: amd64
- Date: Sun Mar 28 15:51:14 2010
- InstallationMedia: Ubuntu 10.04 "Lucid Lynx" - Alpha amd64 (20100224.1)
+ Date: Sun Mar 28 15:51:14 2010InstallationMedia: Ubuntu 10.04 "Lucid Lynx" -
Alpha amd64 (20100224.1)
  PackageArchitecture: all
  ProcEnviron:
   LANG=en_US.utf8
-  SHELL=/bin/bash
- SourcePackage: sbackup
+  SHELL=/bin/bashSourcePackage: sbackup

** Tags added: ftdau

** Also affects: hundredpapercuts

** Summary changed:

- After upgrade to Lucid backups cannot be started through the GUI
+ Backups cannot be started through the GUI

** Changed in: hundredpapercuts

** Changed in: hundredpapercuts

** Changed in: hundredpapercuts
    Milestone: None => maverick-round-10-sc-ftdau

** Changed in: sbackup (Ubuntu)

--
Backups cannot be started through the GUI
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/550261