Ok, so I'll set it to invalid.

Thanks for your help and for using Simple Backup.

P.S.: 'chmod -R uog+rw /media/shared/*' sounds for me like a 'brute force' way
of doing :-o Maybe you can set owner/group of the disk when mounting it (in
fstab), I do similar with my NTFS multimedia drive.
P.S.S.: if you have mostly pictures on your shared drive, you should really try
to save uncompressed snapshots. Recent file formats are quiete effective and it
could speed up your backup significantly. (If I store my full machine directory
(60 GB) compression saves max. 10 GB at all, so I don't use it)

** Changed in: sbackup

--
always makes full backup
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/630016