New question #139526 on Simple Backup:
https://answers.launchpad.net/sbackup/+question/139526

In this i want NOT to save my data from the directory .VirtualBox cause i do
not need those virtual machines saved.
Normally i choose the complete home-directory to save and pick those dirs that
i don't need (downloads, dropbox, ..)
But in the dialog 'not to save' i can only select normal files or directorys -
no hidden directorys; so my backup goes real big with some virtual machines in
it.

Next problem ist, with some snapshot from those virtual machines and a bit of
working with it, the incremental updates also goes real BIG...

Ubuntu 10.04.1
sbackup 0.11.3ppa1-lucid1

Simple Backup Maintainers, which is an answer contact for Simple Backup.