Hi Jean-Peer,

Thanks for your taking care of this report.

I was aware of the 580952 bug you indicated and I have now reported that
if affects me also.

* Is the bug reproducible; does it happen every time?
The bug I reported happens every time,
however back in mid December, the 19th exactly, sbackup succeeded a full backup
launched by cron as every week. I can't remember what updates were made between
that successful backup and the next, that failed on December 26th. I'm newby so
if you can direct me, I could clear up what was updated during that week.

* do you run sbackup as superuser (root) or as regular user?
I guess it is as superuser since it is launched by cron on a weekly basis with
the default profile

* are you able to open your backup destination using Nautilus/command line?
Yes, although there are lot of CIFS related messages in the logs and sometimes
copying files fails to terminate to or from this NAS drive.

* Is this bug still valid?
Yep, it is. sbackup craches when attempting to write the tar file.

Thanks for your support and don't hesitate to contact me if you require
further information.

Sincerely,

--Marc

--
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Simple
Backup Maintainers, which is subscribed to Simple Backup.

Title:
  sbackup crashes before starting the backup archive on CIFS mounted NAS