Question #138516 on Simple Backup changed:
https://answers.launchpad.net/sbackup/+question/138516

sTiVo gave more information on the question:
Thanks for getting back to me.

> You could set the output level to 'debug' when configuring your
profile and post the resulting log.

I don't see this option in the Simple Backup Config UI.  Is this done by
editing a configuration file?  If so, please provide details.  If I can
get a log I will be happy to post it.

>How do you authenticate? Using certificates or username and passwords?
Passwords supplied in the ssh url, i.e.
ssh://user:password@192.168.1.40/home/user/backup

>What I was meant to say was that backups over ssh obviously do work, don't
>they.
In other words, you mean to say that it does work in at least SOME if not ALL
situations?  Right?

Simple Backup Maintainers, which is an answer contact for Simple Backup.