New question #190355 on sbackup:
https://answers.launchpad.net/sbackup/+question/190355

I had backed up for a FAT Partition with 10 2 GB Blocks, totaling 21 GB approx.
Now i am not able to restore the same, and the archive is not recognized by
sbackup.

While backing up it created 11 2 GB blocks. These files are available as
files.tar, files-2.tar etc.,  till files-11.tar. Only files.tar is available
for extraction, by tar xf, even though it gives an EOF error. The full 21 GB
file seemed to have been compressed / split, as all includes list show just a
single archive file.

My harddrive crashed and i am not able to recover the data fully. Hence this
data is critical. This was done around 11 months back. So not sure if the
Sbackup version then and now is a problem. Since my system crashed, have no
clue on the version with which the archive was created. The version file shows
1.5 in the archive folder.

Simple Backup Maintainers, which is an answer contact for sbackup.