Not sure what to do now. I see on the bug report that there is a
solution to the bug, but I can't find my way to it yet.

Ubuntu 12.04
xfce windows manager.
sbackup was working fine from 10.x through 11.10. The upgrade from Live CD
seems to have killed it.

rogerw@rogerw-Aspire-4810T:~$ sudo sbackup
[sudo] password for rogerw:
No desktop session found
No desktop session found
No desktop session found
No desktop session found
D-Bus session bus launched

DBUS_SESSION_BUS_ADDRESS=unix:abstract=/tmp/dbus-guRmdAfvxt,guid=357bb673573c71e1f88a55a90002fac1
        DBUS_SESSION_BUS_PID=20794
drop privileges: running as nobody/nogroup
Attempt to launch indicator application (status icon).
No desktop session found
No desktop session found. Indicator application is not started.
Group not changed to `admin`: unknown group
2012-05-05 23:23:12,341 - INFO: SBackupdDBusObject is being terminated.
rogerw@rogerw-Aspire-4810T:~$

--
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Simple
Backup Maintainers, which is subscribed to sbackup.

Title:
  No desktop session found: no notification icon