Question #216105 on sbackup changed:
https://answers.launchpad.net/sbackup/+question/216105

Anton posted a new comment:
Just one additional note, as general 'good practice' regarding backups.

A backup is intended as a *fallback* option in case your primary data
gets lost. In the situation you describe, as soon as you erase all
(primary) data your backup becomes your only copy of the data, and you
therefore have no backup! So, whenever you are planning something like
this, make sure you have *two* *independent* copies/backups of your
primary data before you erase the primary data!

(To be sure, I also found this out the hard way, a long time ago, when a
backup failed to restore and it was the only copy of my boss's data at
that moment.)

Simple Backup Maintainers, which is an answer contact for sbackup.