Question #234488 on sbackup changed:
https://answers.launchpad.net/sbackup/+question/234488

Anton proposed the following answer:
I have something similar (I want to check which network my laptop is on, and if
a succesful backup was already made this day), so I created a script in
/usr/share/sbackup (mine is called 'retry_backup' but that doesn't matter).
To run it daily, I did:

$ sudo ln -s /usr/share/sbackup/retry_backup /etc/cron.daily/sbackup

(I also run it from /etc/pm/sleep.d/20_sbackup to try a backup when my
laptop wakes up from suspend, and from /etc/network/if-up.d/sbackup to
try a backup whenever eth0 comes online).

After checking what needs checking, /usr/share/sbackup/retry_backup
starts /usr/share/sbackup/sbackup-launch to start the actual backup.

(I'll attach the three scripts separately, if possible, otherwise I'll
just post them.)

Alternatively, you could modify /usr/share/sbackup/sbackup-launch to
insert the commands you need.

Simple Backup Maintainers, which is an answer contact for sbackup.