We can quote the old cliche that the mark of a good team, is one that wins when
they're playing badly. The fact that we are leaking goals is a slight issue,
but seeing as we're scoring more than anyone in all divisions, is a pretty good
point in our favour.

Subject: [NSWolves] Re: Leaky defence
Date: Mon, 3 Nov 2008 09:34:10 +1100
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
To: nswolves@googlegroups.com

I don't think the conditions helped the midfield as the
goalkeepers and centre backs were all adopting the "hoof-it-high-&-long"
tactic to try and use the wind to their advantage.  Unfortunately this
meant that our midfield looked like they were watching a game of tennis with
the
ball going left & right above their heads.  In better conditions I
think they have the ability to get the ball down and control the middle of the
park.

If we could get another Mancienne on loan from somewhere
then I think we'd be sorted.  He had a certain poise and composure about
him that made him stand out.  He wasn't coming across arrogant but he was
strutting like he was in control of everything (which for most of the game he
was).

Promotion.... it's a certain as picking the winner in
tomorrows Melbourne Cup!!!