For being a Thick Mick, he's a smart guy with words. Just planting the seed in
Man U's mind that we're easy pickings, then planning another away ambush.

Subject: [NSWolves] Even more optimistic detail
Date: Tue, 15 Dec 2009 08:45:25 +1100
From: marcus.chan...@macquarie.com
To: nswolves@googlegroups.com

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2009/dec/14/mick-mccarthy-wolves-manchester-united

Mick McCarthy, the Wolverhampton Wanderers manager, expects Manchester United
to be "rubbing their hands with glee"
at the prospect of playing his side at Old Trafford tomorrow night.

With United having suffered a surprise home defeat at the hands of Aston
Villa at the weekend, McCarthy is braced for a backlash from Sir Alex
Ferguson's
team.

Wolves will head to Old Trafford on a high having
climbed out of the relegation zone with a shock victory at Tottenham on
Saturday. But McCarthy knows just what kind of test his side will face as they
go in search of what would be a club record third successive Premier League win.

McCarthy, who has lost the Wales midfielder Dave Edwards for up to 10 weeks
after he suffered an ankle injury at White Hart Lane, said: "They must be
rubbing their hands together to be playing Wolves at home.

"They must be thinking, 'Wolves are coming and we have just been beaten by
Villa ... If ever there is a chance to get yourself back on track it is to slap
these insolent little so and sos coming up from the Black Country and we are
going to give them the biggest doing they have ever had.' I would be thinking
that if I was a Manchester United player. I would be rubbing my hands with glee
that we were coming up.

"Go and have a look at the bookmakers and see what they are saying. They are
not stupid. There are no skint ones. But you know my view on that, don't you?
It
doesn't always work out that way. The lads who are playing will be wanting to
win the game. But we will not be going and chasing it and playing free open and
expansive football because if we do they will beat us. Let's clear that up. We
will be cautious and disciplined like we were at Tottenham."

Having beaten Tottenham thanks to Kevin Doyle's early goal, McCarthy wants to
see the same kind of approach against United. "We have a rating of the games
and
in terms of difficulties, that game against Tottenham was nine to 10 in terms
of
work-rate and energy levels," he said.

"That has been the real difference in the last two games. There has been no
passengers on the pitch in the last two games at all. If we are carrying
someone
or we are under par we will get beat. We started well at Tottenham and got the
goal and we were disciplined and organised. The players deserve the credit.
They
took responsibility and they were very good. We still had chances there and we
didn't get battered on Saturday and we will need that same kind of approach
against United."

Kevin Foley is on standby to replace Edwards but McCarthy has also hinted he
could rest one or two players after the effort they put in at White Hart Lane.
He will not finalise his side until the eve of the game but said: "There will
be
a couple of changes."

The information contained in this email is confidential. If you are not the
intended recipient, you may not disclose or use the information in this email
in any way and should destroy any copies. Macquarie does not guarantee the
integrity of any emails or attached files. The views or opinions expressed are
the author's own and may not reflect the views or opinions of Macquarie.

Get more out of Hotmail Check out the latest features today
http://windowslive.ninemsn.com.au/hotmail/article/878466/your-hotmail-is-about-to-get-even-better