And we know what the fans thought of the "attractive football":

West Bromwich Albion – in association with some supporters clubs – are
planning a Tony Mowbray Week, to honour the man and his beliefs, and will
set up various events and honours in his name. There'll be an award for best
Ten Minutes Midfield Play In A Crushing Defeat, where Albion have lost
heavily but have still played some lovely passing football in the middle of
the park. There'll be a Sponsored Headshake outside the Hawthorns where fans
will, for charity, shake their heads for 10 hours straight while steadfastly
ignoring proof of how easy it's been for teams to beat Mowbray's outfit.
There'll also be a 'Spine Hunt', where fans embark on a quest to search for
Mowbray's 'backbone' – with a big cash prize for the one who finds the
treasured vertabrae. And don't forget the great Mowbray Statue, a 50 ft.
recreation of the great tactical genius, where admiring fans can climb up
his bottom and have a fun–filled stroll around his skull – an empty chamber
wih an easily–occupied amount of space.

Other attractions will be the Church of Tone, where visitors can read
stone–embossed soundbites from one of the Premiership's best managers, such
as 'we're in a false position', 'worse teams above us are gaining points'
and the immortal 'if we had Torres and Ferdinand, we'd be in the top ten',
prior to a Principles Seminar, where a large group will repeatedly chant
'all football should be lovely to watch, all football should be lovely to
watch. '. Later on, a Burning Of The Unbelievers will take place, where a
heretic who espouses the sacreligious virtue of actually winning a bloody
game will be tied to a stake and set alight.

These events, organised by the newly–formed West Bromwich Albion support
groups 'Winning? Don't Be Stupid' and 'Oh Really, Do We Have To Talk About
How We Stank Up The Premiership?', will take place at the end of the season,
with many of them absolutely free.

Those opposed to Tony Mowbray's sensible, lovely and warm–hearted approch to
a new world of nice passing football and embrace this strange culture where
a football team has to – ugh! – 'battle' and do the 'basics' in order to
'win' a game are asked to stay away in case they make people cry.