>From Mol Mix today:

The superiority of Wolves' results when Nenad Milijas plays now stretch over
an almost two season period. In this period here are Milijas's stats and the
team as a whole:

Milijas P32, (starts) W10 D5 L17 Pts 35

Overall P72 W18 D17 L37 Pts 71
Without Milijas P40 W8 D12 L20 Pts 36

We are significantly more likely to win a game with Milijas starting than
without, simple as.

The stats hide however another interesting aspect of the treatment of
Milijas. 3 times this season McCarthy has chosen to bring off Milijas, only
to see promising situations in games be undermined by late goals. Utd away,
Albion away and Fulham at home, all saw Wolves surrender late goals after
Milijas was withdrawn. Similarly Milijas has had some good contributions
when coming off the bench, helping the team pull back to draws against Stoke
and Villa last year.

Milijas brings creativity, balance, composure, goals and great set pieces to
the team. He is not always consistent, but overall his record stands up
admirably. For me, McCarthy's under-use of his talents is one of the reasons
why I am withdrawing my support for the manager. At times, we have looked
like we are going to make it as a top flight team, but this inability to
trust more talented players seems to me an albatross that McCarthy cannot
shake off.

As Mr. Milward keeps reminding us, you can't argue with the statistics!!

Paul Crowe

Sales Manager - Asia Pacific

ConTech (Sydney Office)

PO Box 3517