Blimey Tim, in my day we didn’t let Mensa bods be members of NSWolves.

From: nswolves@googlegroups.com [mailto:nswolves@googlegroups.com] On Behalf Of
Tim Sheedy
Sent: Sunday, February 23, 2020 6:28 PM
To: nswolves@googlegroups.com
Subject: Re: [Boo! Club towels are rubbish!] Norwich

There is no way he will put his best squad out against Wolves. An injury will
mean certain relegation. The whole focus for Espanyol will be staying up. No
one will remember being in the final 16 of Europa when they are in the Spanish
2nd division...

The game against Norwich is an interesting one. These were the ones we lost
last season. But ideally we should get a win. Norwich are an interesting squad
- they have genuine goal scorers - but have conceded some terrible goals. I
have a mate who is a Norwich fan so have kept half an eye on them and their big
challenge isn’t scoring but the number of goals they concede... Our defence
seems much stronger with Wily back so hopefully we can contain the threat but
then make the most of their many defensive blunders. And I would suggest that
will decide the game- how well we do make the most of our opportunities. I’m
calling a 2-0 win. With a Neto goal disallowed by a stupid VAR decision.

BTW I did some simple calculations and worked out that someone running 16km/h
will move about 40cm in 1/10th of a second. So the exact moment that the ball
is kicked is crucial, and the camerawork often doesn’t even show that. For
example in the recent offside decision against Wolves you could not even see
the ball in the image they used to determine offside... so how do they know
exactly when the ball is kicked hand also a ball remains on a players foot for
about 1/20th of a second - someone running at 16km/h will move 20cm just while
the ball is connected to the players foot... add to this the fact that Adama -
at top pace (he was clocked at something like 23mph in training) moves over
50cm in 1/20th of a second... This is why VAR is a sham. They don’t know
exactly when the ball is kicked, so the position of the player is subjective...

One other thing. I was wondering where Wolves would be in the ranking of
European teams - and there is definitely an argument that they are in the top
15 teams in Europe on current form - definitely the top 25. Imagine if, 2 years
ago, we were told that wolves would be a top 15 European team early in 2020...

What a time to be a fan!

Tim