Hi,

Jean-Pierre André wrote:
> Adam Brenner wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> I am trying to understand what a value of -2 means for aLCN. Does anyone
>> know?
>>
>> For example: I see the following when I run ntfscluster:
>>
>> ./ntfscluster -f -I 0 /dev/sdc1
>> Dump: /$MFT
>>       0x10 - resident
>>       0x20 - resident
>>       0x30 - resident
>>       0x80 - non-resident

As you were pinpointed the value -2, I did not notice
this "non-resident" state yesterday.

The first thing to do is to backup the raw partition,
as partition checkers might get into trouble and delete
useful information.

Were you doing something special the last time you mounted
the partition successfully ?

I suggest you post the contents of the boot sector and
the beginning of the mft :

dd if=/dev/PARTITION bs=512 count=1 | gz > boot.gz
dd if=/dev/PARTITION bs=4096 skip=786432 count=16 | gz > mft.gz

Regards

Jean-Pierre