On Thu, 7 Aug 2003, Mark Ainsworth wrote:

> So how can I get the good old British pound sign. (No I don't want to
> convert to Euros!)

If you turn on right kind of encoding, you can even get the typed pound
sign to look like a pound. Makes a bunch of other symbols work, too, like
the degree sign (guess why I know this...).

I'm ConTeXting in Windows (NT/2000/XP), so the setting for me is

\enableregime[il1]

(il1 for Iso-Latin 1)

Some of the other regimes (like \enableregime[ec])  are mentioned in the
"Fonts in ConTeXt" manual on p. 16. I think there is also an
(undocumented) \enableregime[mac] for Mac users, but I might be wrong.

Mari
(whose NTEmacs still doesn't understand the euro, so so much for OUR
currency...)