On Mon, Sep 08, 2003 at 04:40:31PM +0200, Thomas A. Schmitz wrote:
> Willi,
> thanks for being supportive. In the meantime, I have taken another
> step: by using tftopl, I produced a .pl-file of my font and edited it.
> I inserted a "LIGTABLE" with ligature (and kerning) information. After
> using pltotf and using the new .tfm, I had partial success: I get a lot
> of the ligatures I want! However, a few problems remain:
> 1) The "space"-glyph has vanished. I assume it must somehow have been
> mismapped. Does anybody have an idea how I could remap this?

TeX doesn't use a space glyph. Instead, there is a fontdimen
space and there may be boundarychar kerns and ligatures to replace
space kerns and -ligs.

If you want more complete documentation: get a TeX source tree, run
weave on pltotf.web or vptovf.web and compile the resulting TeX
file.

--
Siep Kroonenberg
[EMAIL PROTECTED]