Patrick Gundlach <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Steffen Wolfrum <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
>
> > may I also ask you for an idea or a statement on this old problem?
> >
> > It is about numbered empty pages that are generated when using a
> > front-, body-, backmatter project structure.
>
> Have you tried the suggestions from willi? What is the current state
> of the problem? Could you post your efforts so far?

Yes, sure:

This works for me, if no \startfrontmatter and \startbodymatter and the \stop...
equivalents are used.
If I use the \startfrontmatter cum suis then there is a numbered page after the TOC
and the last page if even and empty is also numbered. Inside the \startbodymatter
\stopbodymatter the emptypages at new chapters are empty pages with an empty header,
thus no pagenumber.

So if I use the recommended project structure I still have the
generated-numbered-empty-pages problem at the end of each matter block.

Does someone know how to avoid this, and how to make generated empty pages by default
empty?

Hans, you must know your child best, no?

Steffen