My brain is spinning, I hope somebody can help me. I am trying to create a new font (with pfaedit), and things seem to be working well. i now have most uppercase and lowercase characters. When I run "pdftex testfont *Myfont *\table *\bye," I get all the glyphs I created. When I do the same with tex or pdfetex, I get all the glyphs I created. When I produce a simple testfile for ConteXt, some of the glyphs (specifically some of the uppercase characters) are simply missing. But pdfetex can create them! What am I doing wrong??? Here's my simple file:

\definefontsynonym[Greekfont][Myfont]

\definefont[MySecondFont][Greekfont]

\starttext

\MySecondFont abcdefghijklmnopqrstuwxyz

A D E F G H J K M N O P Q R S T U Z

\stoptext

On the pdf, I get all the lowercase glyphs + A G O P Q R T Z, but not the other glyphs, all of them defined, all of them present in my testfont.pdf. The log doesn't show any warning vel. sim. I tried playing around with several encodings both in pfaedit (I used Adobe Standard, TeX8r, iso 8859) and my tex-file (I tried 8r, texnansi, ec), all to no avail. Does anybody have a clue what's going wrong here? It almost looks like ConteXt is using some old cache instead of the just created tfm and pfb files, but where would that be? I am completely baffled!

Best

Thomas