From: "Patrick Gundlach" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Saturday, October 11, 2003 6:48 PM

> Hi,

english
english

> > Ok, the difference is about 17 months in ConTeXt version, while formats
are
> > quite fresh... Can't see the clue :-?
>
> Sorry for not being in verbose mode. You say you compare tl7 with tl8
> but you are using two different (very different) context versions. I
> bet that tl7 will genrate the same output as tl8 if you use the 2003.10.5
> context. Or that tl8 generates the same output with 2002.5.24 as tl7.

I belive so!

> I was confused with the fact that you mention the tl version. But the
> most important one is the context version. Can't give you a better
> answer today.

I should describe it more precisely. I use installations (2 at the moment)
based on TL distributions. I tried to upgrade ConTeXt many times using
pragma archives, but unfortunately couldn't do that transparently, meaning
in the way that all my current job will be compiled without problems. That
is why I have to do this 17-months step now. Anyway, I'm aware, that ConTeXt
is developing quite fast and I probably shouldn't expect, that 2002.524 and
2003.10.5 versions gives the same output. Could you give me a recipe to spy
changes? I'm sure they are documented, but don't know how to get them.

Thanks, Pawe/l