On Tue, 14 Oct 2003, Nigel King wrote:

> > Why do you whish to reinstall all the supplied fonts? Or do you just
> > want to learn how to use texfont?
> I simply wish to use the fonts as most others do (I think) and I am unable
> to because of this bug. The normal context fonts do not exist on Gerben's
> version. Before Gerben's reorganisation they were made by texfont, this now
> does not work because of what I believe to be a simple (I do not understand
> Perl otherwise I would have a go at fixing it) bug in texfont. Maybe I am
> wrong but I am beginning to find this extremely frustrating (7 months). Once
> I realised that somebody was working on texfont 1.8 I had hoped for a fix.

On all the systems I use, (linux, SGI Irix, Win32 with texLive) you have
to run texfont to generate tfm's, vf's and map files for fonts other than
CM.

The last time I tried to run texfont (from the final TeX Live 2003 inst
iso), it tried to use a lower-cased version of the install path, e.g.,
/opt/texline instead of /opt/texLive.

> If no developer/Perl expert has Gerbens version of tetex perhaps I could
> help debug if a version was supplied to me that printed out the full path
> that texfont was looking for files in. The --fontroot option or kpsewhich
> lookup appears to be at fault but I have no debugging facilities.
>
> Any suggestions (other than giving up) gratefully received.

You will have to learn a tiny bit of perl (which is easier than
learning TeX).

--
George N. White III  <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>