Giuseppe Bilotta <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> Thursday, November 13, 2003 Idris S Hamid wrote:
>
>> I think I found the problem:
>
>> I backed up some stuff on a cd; when I transferred the files to my other
>> computer all the file properties read "read-only", so whenever eomega tried
>> to modify a temporary file (fls, log, etc) it was denied permission.
>
>> Is there a way in windows to globally change every file in a given directory
>> from read-only?
>
> If all the files are in the same directory, just select them
> all, right click and deselect the read-only attribute.
> Otherwise, get the shareware filemanager "Total Commander" from
> www.ghisler.com; it has a "flat" view that allows you to see
> all files in all subdirectories of a particular directory and
> manipulate them all together.

Or if you have an interest, you can install the Cygnus tools and from
the command line do,

  cd my_directory
  find . ! -perm -0200 -print0 | xargs -0 chmod u+w

... which says, find everything under this subdirectory that doesn't
have write permission for the file owner, and turn on write permission
for the file owner on those files.

--
--Ed L Cashin            |   PGP public key:
  [EMAIL PROTECTED]        |   http://noserose.net/e/pgp/