At 23:05 10/12/2003, you wrote:

Even if I know that Hans is a capable wizard, I don't think that some Metapost music typesetting could provide more than some single note lines. If we talk about music typesetting (or try to port or adapt something for ConTeXt) we must think in orchestra concert book dimensions; I guess musical typography more difficult than "usual".

one reason to consider metapost is that it is better suited for calculations besides being fun; the main problem is in the input language since all examples i've seen so far are kind of awful; but don't worry .. i currently don't have time for it -)

Are there gui based apps that generate musicxml, whatever that is (maybe just another dtd being application data turned into <>'s)?