At 01:09 10/01/2004, you wrote:

OK, I have more than 700 footnotes - but when using "location=page" everything works fine.

I was trying to find whether there is something missing when I just continue, and I found the TableOfContent is cut.
But the text and the footnotes as well seem to be OK.

Is there a patch helping me to avoid this error?

Why not use the following mechanism:

\starttext

\definelist[MyNoteList]

\newcounter\MyNotes

\long\def\MyNote#1%
  {\ifhmode\unskip\fi
   \doglobal\increment\MyNotes\relax
   \high{\MyNotes}%
   \expanded{\writetolist[MyNoteList]{\MyNotes}}{#1}}

\dorecurse{1000}{test \MyNote{Whow, another note}\endgraf}

\page \placelist[MyNoteList][criterium=text]

\stoptext

You can format the list any way you like, e.g.:

\def\MyNoteList#1#2#3{#1\quad#2\endgraf}

\placelist[MyNoteList][criterium=text,command=\MyNoteList]

also, you can now cal lthem per chapter,

\placelist[MyNoteList][criterium=chapter]

etc